- Have you ever had roasted chick peas before? I am kind of obsessed with them! I have made about 4 batches recently, and while most of them haven’t turned out the way I wanted, they were still delicious. The last
batchtwo batches I made have been cinnamon sugar. Yum! They ALMOST taste like the roasted almonds at Miller Park.
- The whole family is coming down with colds. Yuck! I can not wait for this winter to be over. I am so completely ready for spring
- Speaking of spring, 6 years ago today, in 2008, it was about 68* outside. Can you believe that?!?!
- Looks like the polar vortex/cold apocalypse is back again. -35 today, -40 tomorrow, and negative -30 Wednesday. I asked on my Facebook page if you would prefer cold or snow, and almost all of you said snow. I have to say…I agree
- You know that game you would play where you would have to choose between two impossible choices? Vanilla ice cream or Chocolate ice cream? Cookies or Brownies? Hot or Cold? I used to always answer cold, because you can always put on more layers to keep warm-but there is only so much you can take off. Well, I think I am changing my mind. This cold is brutal!
ON THE AGENDA
- Dinner with a friend this week (as long as something doesn’t come up. I think we have been trying to schedule this since November or so)
- A dentist appointment for my wonderful tooth ache (yay)
- Trying to stay warm
Here are some highlights from our little Madison get away!
- The day Heart Hello Kitty and Woof Woof joined our family. A week after spending roughly $100 on these lovely stuffed animals (why or why do I do that!?!?! ) they are laying mostly discarded on their beds. Oh well. They had fun for 20 minutes. 🙂
- Filling up those animals with some fluff. Lily kept wanting more and more in hers, but I think that was just because she enjoyed stepping on the pedal.
- Little Miss Lexie loved the water! She had a great time swimming and doing down the slide all by herself. It was a pretty big slide too! As long as we were there to catch her at the bottom, she was good.