- I started off my week with a trip to the eye doctor. I really HATE that puff of air they whip into your eye, but it sure beats having my eyes dilated.
- Had a couple of wedding consults this week. 2014 is shaping up to be an AMAZING year-full of babies and weddings. I can not wait.
- Speaking of babies, I tried my hand at making a few of my own newborn props this week. Photos will be coming soon, but my February babies are going to be super snuggly in some new props!
- Along with the prop making, if you know of a newborn and/or a 3-4 month old, I am in need of some measurements. Send me an email and I will get you some more details
- I am thinking of having a newborn “workshop” at my studio. It would be just for me (and maybe one other photog) to try out some new lighting techniques and poses. This would likely take place in February or March, so if you are due during that time, let me know! (And yes, I totally stole this idea from Robyn at Ticklebugs Photography. It’s a great idea Robyn!)
- We spent the entire weekend in Madison to take the kids to a watermark. Usually we go to the Dells, but we decided to switch it up this time. It was nice! The watermark was practically right outside our hotel room.
- The lifeguards at said hotel were not very on top of things. We saw three kids have difficulty swimming while we were there. The first one-I pulled out of the water. The second one Bill pulled out of the water. The lifeguard got the third one. Bill and I were patting ourselves on the back since we both saved a life this weekend. :p
- I am super excited to have more time to devote to readings right now. I miss my books! I still can’t decide if I prefer e-books or paper books, but I have been borrowing books from the library through the Overdrive app. That app is really nice. I am currently reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. (Which came first? Divergent or The Hunger Games, because so far they are strikingly similar.)
- I bought an Apple TV today. Super excited to be able to stream Netflix through our tv now.
ON THE AGENDA
– 1 year old session this week with Miss. Adeline
– Creating an awesome new series just for my newsletter subscribers (If you want on the list, sign up HERE)
And I can’t leave you without a picture! Here is a throwback of Lilyana. She was about 10 months old here. Nothing fancy, just a snapshot, but I LOVE looking back on family photos. (p.s. When I typed back on, my computer autocorrect it to bacon. I love bacon also, and I thought about leaving it there, but I didn’t want to confuse you all.)